The first week of actual job training is finished! It has been a much slower pace, which has given my poor brain a rest! The weather was very Seattle-esque for the last week, cloudy, cool, intermittent showers. But summer arrived this weekend with a vengeance! Temperatures are hitting 90 and it is becoming notoriously humid :(
For those who don't know, Don is off in Alaska now and will be there until the last week in June. It is looking more like we will head to Morocco the first week in July. (I have been in touch with people at my post and everyone seems very friendly!)
After trying to figure it out for over a week, I finally managed to get the rear rack put on my bike so I can carry groceries etc on it! When all else fails, look up the manual! It is nice to have the freedom shop when I want/need to.
I have been shopping for new clothes. For those who know me well, you know that I don't dress up very often, but I may well be required to attend special gatherings, even cocktail parties, so I have been trying to find appropriate dresses. I thought I had found the right thing at one store, but when I asked the sales lady which of the 2 dresses I had picked out was a cocktail dress, she said neither was! So much for my sense of sophistication!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.