Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Training

Our jobs not only requires collaboration between individuals, but also between offices and departments. Today was spent in training to develop skills necessary to work in teams and to identify each others' strengths (as well as our own strengths). We started the process last week by taking a test that explains our personality tendencies so that we know what our default settings are when working with people. then today we went off-site to the National Mall to attend a workshop that included going on a kind of treasure hunt around the monuments in small teams. It was a fun idea, but it was 85+ degrees out and we walked a good 2+ miles, which wouldn't have been terrible if it could have been a leisurely stroll, but these young kids I am training with - especially the one in my group with long legs - were pretty hard to keep up with, and I am sure they actually slowed down for me!! I came home sore, hot and nearly exhausted! but also closer to my class mates from the experience.

Two of my sisters are coming for a visit Thursday - Tuesday, so I am excited about that! And the 3rd sister is coming to my "Flag Day" when I will find out where we are going!

AND...my air freight shipment is being delivered tomorrow afternoon! that will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.