Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pakistani House

The Pakistani embassy had a festival yesterday!  They had tables set up selling different kinds of foods - yummy desserts!  And vendors had various Pakistani crafts for sale.  Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera so I don't have many pictures to share. 


We actually had Turkish kababs and salads for lunch, followed by Pakistani rice balls in coconut milk for dessert!


There was traditional dancing and henna tatoos, which I just can't resist!  It will last about 2 to 3 weeks.


While we were watching the dancing, unbeknownst to us someone took our picture and then later came and sold it to us!  Since I didn't have my camera, we figured it would at least be a souvenir!





There was also a lot of beautiful and unique wood products - like a fantastic hand-carved swing with an intricate awning over it - for $4000!!!  But I did find some interesting things to buy.  Like this bowl made  out of one piece of wood!  It lays flat for storage, but when you lift the handle, it lifts the bowl right up!  I also really liked all the wooden trays they had, but had to limit myself to just one!  Next time we go to something like this I promise to remember my camera!