I know it has been a long time since I have posted anything about Morocco. I guess it's because we have settled into a pretty normal routine, not really experiencing much new.

We DID do a great trip to Gibraltar, leaving Morocco by ferry to Spain and then taking a short bus trip to "the rock". If you ever have the chance to go there, grab it! What an interesting place to explore. The rock is famous for its Barbary apes, which aren't very big, thank goodness, because as you can see by the pictures, they are pretty friendly! It is said that Churchill made the claim that as long as the apes were there the British would be there. Then during the war when the ape population began to dwindle, they imported more apes from Morocco!
 |
| A baby ape looking for food in my hand. |
 |
| They will climb all over the cars, trying to get in windows for food! |
 |
| this little guy did NOT want to let go! |
We had to go through customs going from Spain to Gibraltar since it is a part of England. And Gibraltar is very British, too, with lots of fish and chip joints, and the stereotypical phone booth!
 |
| main street |
|

To get into town from the border crossing (about 3/4 mile walk), you have to cross the Island's runway. We later saw a plane landing there!
We also visited a crystal shop and got to watch the glass blower doing his thing!
It was a really nice weekend get-away, and one of the best parts was being in a country where they speak English! I had forgotten how pleasant it is to understand when someone speaks to you!
I'll try to write again soon to share some pictures of a trip to Berlin and Prague with our son and daughter-in-law!