Thursday, July 21, 2011

Any time someone faces a major change in their life, an addition to the family, a new job, a new country, the success of that transition, I think, can be measured by the little milestones that are reached almost without notice. I reached one of those milestones today....I drove myself to work for the first time! I can't say it was uneventful though. I missed a major turn and would have gotten really lost except for the new GPS that I bought before we came, just for such occasions! And ya know, it worked! Even though I ended up taking the "scenic" route, I still made it to the embassy! And I didn't even stress out about missing the turn! God bless whoever invented the GPS!! Unfortunately, the GPS couldn't help me figure out how to unlock the hatchback on the car! To get into the embassy parking lot, we are required to stop and let security look over our car, including looking in the trunk or "way back". It took me about 5 minutes to finally get that stupid door unlocked!

In a way, I appreciated their crazy driving this morning 'cause at one point I was one lane too far to the left to make the turn I needed; but I knew no one would mind if I inched over in front of them to make the turn, and I was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.