I LOVE storks! There is an old Roman fortress called the Chellah very near the embassy. Supposedly hundreds of storks call it home. I say supposedly because I have visited there twice specifically to see the storks, and both times there was not a single stork to be seen! There ARE some storks that live on top of light posts at the Mega Mall, but I haven't been there with my camera yet.
Then last week Don discovered that there is a nest just outside the back side of the embassy! So I finally got to get some good pictures of them. They are actually very large, very graceful birds. When they are gliding on the wind they remind me of eagles, but with longer necks and their feet dragging out behind them!
We saw a few storks and lots of storks' nests in Lithuania. There they mostly nested on chimney tops and supposedly brought the household good luck - at least until they tried to light a fire! Here they seem to prefer tall trees or poles.
Then last week Don discovered that there is a nest just outside the back side of the embassy! So I finally got to get some good pictures of them. They are actually very large, very graceful birds. When they are gliding on the wind they remind me of eagles, but with longer necks and their feet dragging out behind them!
We saw a few storks and lots of storks' nests in Lithuania. There they mostly nested on chimney tops and supposedly brought the household good luck - at least until they tried to light a fire! Here they seem to prefer tall trees or poles.